How to Write More
- Take your work seriously.
- Don’t take yourself seriously.
- Set a deadline and stick to it—don’t project-manage yourself into procrastination.
- Make a list of resources to consult and small tasks to complete—create a checklist and work through it.
- Block off time—it’s yours to block off.
- Get a writing buddy or join a writing group—accountability drives productivity.
- Read more—all the time, read everything.
- Carry a notebook at all times, use voice memos, email yourself, keep a Google doc open—you have resources at hand, use them.
- Count your words and pages every day—words are bricks, words build the foundation.
- Visualize the full page, not the full manuscript—a castle without a foundation will crumble.
Leave a Reply